Long Lasting and Durable
Tile roofs are a long lasting durable and elegant choice for homes with a Southwestern, Italian, Spanish Mission, Mediterranean and modern look
- Long lasting (50 years plus – many manufacturers provide lifetime guarantee)
- No rotting
- Flame resistant
- Insect proof
- Minimal maintenance. Variety of colors, styles and brands.
- Weight – extra roof support may be needed
- Color may fade with new materials (some are only colored on the surface)
- Fragile – when walking on them they can break – making home maintenance more tricky (gutters, roofs, painting, etc.)
- Installation may be more complicated than other materials
- More costly than other materials due to the higher cost of material and labor
- There are many styles and shapes of tile roofing – all which have an impact on the cost of labor and installation.
- Flat Tile and Interlocking tile systems have a less costly installation with regards to tile – due to their technical specs and the fact the they rarely require cement inlay.
- Spanish style tile (with cement inlays) takes longer to install due to the increased labor; consequently, Spanish tile is more costly.
- The steps for installation include: Placement of underlayment Battens Flashings for valleys, chimneys, solar panels, skylights (as needed) Cutting tiles along the roof hips and valleys.
Remove and Restore:
- The nice thing about tile, is that it can be removed and restored over time if a section gets damaged.
- The tile is removed and we replace the underlayment felt paper and repair wood damage. We then install the same tile back with no need for new tile — in order to restore and guarantee.